1. What can be done when cancer has spread and chemotherapy has failed?
We, the Integrative Cancer Therapy Team consisting of a world-class research group and experienced medical staff collaborate to identify, develop and implement effective protocols for cancer treatment. These protocols are multi focal strategies for cancer control. We have developed protocols or therapies based on the patient's medical needs. These individualized cancer treatment programs have been developed to improve your prognosis and your quality of life.
2. Can I speak to one of your medical health specialist?
Yes. Please contact the admissions department in order to schedule a phone consultation.
3. Where are the Integrative Cancer Therapy Centers (ICTC) located?
The Integrative Cancer Therapy Team have clinics where you can be treated in Mexico, Europe, South America. In Mexico the clinic is located 20 minutes driving time from the San Diego airport.
4. If I am not comfortable driving in Mexico are there any other options?
YES, there are two other options.
- Drive to the border on Interstate 5 South until you come to the last USA exit which is Camino de la Plaza. Take this exit and continue straight into the Paid Parking Lot ($10.00 per day). Park in this lot and follow the signs that lead you into Mexico by walking. Immediately after crossing the border you will see the YELLOW TAXI station. Please call our center (619) 316-6586 to provide you with the exact address in Mexico. The approximate cost should be $10.00 each way.
- Another option is to call our center (619) 316-6586 and arrange for our driver to pick you up on the US side of the border. At that time, a designated meeting place will be arranged. Our driver will take you to our facility and then return you to the border after your appointment.
- Our driver can pick you up from San Diego, International airport and or Tijuana, International Airport.
5. What are the costs for treatments at the Integrative Cancer Therapy Centers?
Costs vary upon diagnosis and the treatment plan designed for you. Prior to your arrival to Integrative Cancer Therapy Centers, you will have a telephone consultation with a physician about your recommended treatment protocol. You will then be directed to our Patient Liaison personnel to discuss cost and room availability. Ask us about financing your treatment.
6. How long is your treatment at the Integrative Cancer Therapy Centers?
The average stay at the Integrative Cancer Therapy Centers is for 10 days. If your diagnosis does not require Sono PhotoDynamic Therapy, your treatment protocol will be individualized according to your needs. Every cancer must be treated specifically to its cell type and your physician will determine the length of stay after he has reviewed your records.
7. Will my insurance cover the treatment at the Integrative Cancer Therapy Centers?
Costs relating to treatment at the Integrative Cancer Therapy Centers can vary depending on your treatment protocol. Our Patient Liaison will discuss costs with you based on your individualized treatment plan during a telephone consultation prior to your admission.
Once you have made the commitment to have your treatment performed at Integrative Cancer Therapy Centers, you will be asked to make an initial deposit. This deposit is required in order for us to begin organizing and arranging your individualized treatment plan.
We accept many forms of payment. Options for you to choose from are cash, wire transfers, personal check, cashier's check, money orders, and credit card.
Although it is unusual, additional expenses may occur as a result of special tests or treatments during your stay at the Integrative Cancer Therapy Centers. If additional expenses are incurred, you will be notified. Payment is expected at the time of service.
Insurance Claim Services
Depending on the type of insurance you have, you may or may not be entitled to reimbursement from your medical insurance company for your treatment at our facility. ICTC does not process insurance claims, however, as a courtesy we do provide you with contact information for Global Billing Services, a third party, fee based insurance billing service who does offer to process your claim(s). In order to process your benefit claim(s), you will be asked to provide necessary insurance information and a copy of your insurance card
8. What are the facilities provided at the Integrative Cancer Therapy Centers?
For Mexico Center:
- High Speed Cable Internet
- Wireless Internet (bring your laptop if you wish)
- Satellite TV (Direct TV) in every room
- Laundry service as required
- Pacific Ocean beach access (boardwalk)
- Private rooms with 2 beds and a bathroom
- Private telephone in every room with unlimited incoming and outgoing call capability within the USA and Canada
- Healthy, Organic, and varied food
- Personalized physician care 7 days a week
- Pick-up at the airport or place of arrival by our friendly driver.
- Tours and trips in Tijuana and San Diego - available upon request
- English speaking staff
- Peaceful and non-imposing treatment rooms
- Safe and tranquil location (outside the bustle of Tijuana proper)
- Thirty (20) minute drive from the San Diego International Airport; ten (10) minute drive from the USA/San Ysidro border
- 110 Voltage (same as USA)
9. Are there any tourist venues I can enjoy during my stay at the center?
Baja California Tours - the northern most state in Mexico
While receiving treatment at our clinic, why not take some time to sit back and enjoy while discovering the old and the new of Tijuana? Described as Mexico's fastest growing city, you will visit key points of interest and enjoy the sights, shops, history, and heritage of Mexican communities. Note: You are responsible for fees and charges incurred during your tour, including any admission fees, food services, beverages, etc.
Downtown Tijuana Tour - Visit the main shopping area of Tijuana. Shop more than 400 different types of stores and boutiques of Tijuana while bargaining on your favorite Mexican curios. Visit Mexican historical figures, art exhibits and a museum collection that is world class. Explore the rich residential area of Chapultepec where mini mansions and gated communities are contrast to the more well known poverty stricken areas of Tijuana.
- Avenidad Revolution /Tijuana
- Zona Del Rio/Tijuana Cultural Center
Business / Industrial Tijuana Tour
Tijuana is the fourth largest city in Mexico and the world's largest producer of televisions. During this tour you may be able to participate in informational sessions of doing business in Mexico in an American business community. Companies include electronics, automotive, medical, and aerospace, with recognizable names.
- Sharp Electronics
- Sony de Tijuana
- Delphi Connection Systems
- Powerware International
- Avery Dennison
Baja Beach Tour
As the western most city in Latin America, Tijuana and the surrounding areas host some of the most beautiful costal views in the world. Enjoy a day of sunshine, relaxation, and refreshments as you discover your way through the beachside communities of the Baja Pacific Ocean. During this tour you will enjoy the beauty of beaches, the legendary hotel and resort Rosarito Beach Hotel, the rocky cliffs of Calafia, and the sweet taste of lobster; Puerto Nuevo Style!
- Rosarito Beach
- Real del Mar
- San Antonio
- Puerto Nuevo
Since opening in 1996, eight movies have been filmed here, along with several television shows, commercials and video productions. This venue is famous for it's' construction and shooting of the 1997 movie Titanic. You will be able to enjoy many sets used during filming such as the dining salon, the boiler room set, and Cal and Roses' room. Capture the magic of film making while touring and exploring over 40 acres of excitement encompassing over 2,000 feet of beachfront. Walk the streets of New York, climb a sky-scraper, and film your own movie sequences. Props, costumes, and set pieces include exhibits from movies such as Titanic, Planet of the Apes II, Hello Dolly, Master and Commander, and more. Visit Fox Studios, a behind-the-scenes, movie making park, south of the border!
10. Can you come treat the patient if the patient can not travel to the centers?
We can send medical doctors, nurses and therapist to you if you can not travel to our centers. For more information about having one of our doctors visit you, please view our traveling doctor program
11. What types of cancer do you treat?
We treat all types of cancers.
12. Are you capable of providing treatments for a patient with stage IV cancer
Yes, we provide treatments for patients with all stages of cancer.
13. Can I bring a companion?
Absolutely! Part of our philosophy is that your companion plays a crucial role in your treatment. Bringing a companion is essential; he or she will provide indispensable moral and emotional support.
14. What side effects can the patient expect because of your treatments?
Unlike chemotherapy or radiation we do not use toxic substances for our treatments, therefore, no side effects are expected.
15. Is there a follow-up program at the Integrative Cancer Therapy Centers?
Our philosophy at the Integrative Cancer Therapy Centers is to embrace each patient entirely as a member of our family. To fulfill this obligation we insist on bi-weekly consultations between the physician and the patient as part of our follow up program until both feel that the situation the patient is facing is under control. We will continue monitoring your supplements, lab results, and all scans in conjunction with your local physician after your return home. Your future is important to us. Let's face it together as a family!